NEW POSTS

[5]

Bad Kitty!

Halloween Makeup






It's almost Halloween! I'm sure if you're reading this post, you love makeup just as much as I do! Halloween is the best holiday since we get to pile it all on with no boundaries! So, I wanted to do something a bit different from my usual halloween looks; I decided to just sit down in front of my mirror and start creating with no plan and see what I could come up with. I picked up this green colored cat mask a few weeks ago and fell in love with the colors and was contemplating if I should use it for Halloween or not. I decided to just go with it and come up with something quick that would focus on the mask. The best thing about this look is that it's unique and simple without having to use any special effect makeup (except for one product which you'll see below that I really didn't use it), meaning that this could be created with all the products you probably already have in your makeup drawer... and if not, all products could be found at your local drugstore for fairly cheap. Instead of just listing out the products like I normally do, I'll give you a brief explanation on how I applied each product. As always, if you have a question about anything, you can always leave a comment and I'll respond. :) 

Alright, here we go!

Halloween Makeup

Products are listed below in the order they were applied:

Spirit Halloween Theatrical Grease Makeup - White
I started off using this as a base, but it was really hard to blend for some reason ( I thought using a beauty blender sponge would get the job done, but not the best tool for this product) so I became a bit impatient and gave up on it, but I thought I would include it since it on this list since technically it was used.
NYX Eyeshadow Base (Pearl)
I didn't think this would get the job done at first, but it did. It was a lot easier to blend, since it's creamier  than the than the theatrical grease; so easy that I used my fingers and ditched the sponge as well.
With a big fluffy brush, I blended this all over my face, as if it were a powder foundation. For the second layer, I dropped the brush and patted more product on to my face with my fingers and went over the areas that weren't as pigmented (the NYX website has these on sale right now for $3 in case you were interested).
BH Cosmetics 120 Eyeshadow Palette - Yellow 
The primal colors wasn't the lime green that I wanted, so I added yellow on top with a blending brush. If you don't have access to the BH Cosmetics palette, NYX also has a hot yellow shadow from their primal colors collection that you could use (NYX is usually almost always having a sale on their products at Ulta, so if you have one in your area, you might want to check them out). 
...


BH Cosmetics 120 Eyeshadow Palette - Black
Applied this like I would a normal contouring powder with the Real Techniques blush brush.
BH Cosmetics 120 Eyeshadow Palette- Deep Plum
With the same Real Techniques Blush brush, I applied this on top of the black contour on my cheeks to help blend out any harsh lines.
I treated this similar to a highlighter and put in on the tops of my cheeks with the Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection Tapered Brush, but extended the highlight more towards my lips to give off a dramatic effect. 
Generic Black Lipstick (picked this up from Walmart last year from the halloween section)
I applied this like normal, but unfortunately there isn't a brand on the container. Wet n Wild has a black lipstick by Fergie called Pagan Angel, that you can find here for under $4. Kat Von D as well as Anastasia Beverly Hills both have black liquid lipsticks that could be found at your local Sephora or Macy's even though they are a higher priced option and retail for about $20. 

and the inspiration for it all...
Mask - Dollar Tree.. Yes, only $1.

Halloween Makeup

I hope you all enjoyed this. I'll be sharing another quick and easy Halloween makeup look tomorrow! Also, I wanna know, what are you planning on being for Halloween?


Love, 

Bad Kitty! Bad Kitty! Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sora Templates

.