NEW POSTS

[5]

At Home Turmeric, Lemon and Honey Mask

Happy Monday! Mondays happen to be the most stressful days for me; I don't know why, but I move slowly and all I can think about is getting back into my bed to watch Netflix. I've been working on being more productive on Monday's and even more motivated, but jumping back into the week after a long weekend seems so hard. I know I'm not alone! Anyways, I thought I'd share a quick at home mask with you all to relax from a long Monday, since we all know it is the longest day of the week.




___________

If you struggle with hyper-pigmentation or PIH (post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation) from acne or even a bad tan, this mask will help lighten the skin and give a beautiful glow. I've used this mask for a while and have seen an improvement with my PIH. Turmeric and lemon both have lightening properties and honey has healing properties so together it works amazing. If you have any open scars or active acne, I would recommend you wait to use this mask since the lemon juice can have a bit of a burning sensation on open lesions on the skin.


What You'll Need:


Turmeric Mask

Turmeric (I found this in Walmart; you can get this at any Asian grocery store as well)
Lemon ( I prefer to use freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of juice from a bottle)
Honey
Mixing bowl
Popsicle stick

The Process:



Step 1: Add the Turmeric into the mixing bowl


Step 2: Add Lemon Juice
Honey Face Mask

Step 3: Add Honey
Turmeric Face Mask

Step 4: Use the popsicle stick to stir the mixture in the mixing bowl 
Turmeric Face Mask

Step 5: If your mixture looks like the picture above, add water (add milk for even more benefits)
Turmeric Face Mask

Step 6: Apply to face with a facial brush, fan brush or your fingertips.
Step 7: Let sit for 10-15 min 
Step 8: Rinse
Step 9: Moisturize


Final Comments:

You may notice that your skin has a slight yellow tint to it once you rinse the mixture off your face; it''s normal. I reccomend that this mask be used only at night so that in the morning when you wash your face the yellow tint will go away as well. Also, Turmeric stains clothes and sinks (especially if you have a white marble sink) so make sure you are wearing an old t-shirt when applying this mask and wash the sink out immediately. I didn't realize that I had Turmeric sitting on the sink over night and it took a lot of bleach to remove the stain (whoops).


Will you be giving this mask a try? What has helped you get rid of your hyper-pigmentation?
At Home Turmeric, Lemon and Honey Mask At Home Turmeric, Lemon and Honey Mask Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, December 14, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sora Templates

.