NEW POSTS

[5]

Does a $6 Finishing Powder Really Work?

Have you ever bought makeup and completely forgot you even have it. Well, that's me 110% of the time and that is exactly how I've ended up writing this post. I originally purchased this setting powder when I was in my let's take a stroll through Target on a Sunday mood. Target, for the longest time, was the only retailer in my area that I could find ELF products unless I ordered them online.  Whenever I am in Target (which is every Sunday not even kidding) I pick up some ELF products because let's face it... it's cheap. Anyways, I totally remember picking it up weeks ago but when I got home, I tossed it in my makeup box (where I place anything I haven't opened so I can remember to review it) and forgot about it. Well, I cleaned out my makeup box this weekend and found this powder and decided to give it a go over the past few days and did I love it? Well let's see.

ELF claims that:
 "This versatile translucent pressed finishing powder sets makeup, reduces shine, and mattifies skin. The microfine particles fill in fine lines and blur imperfections to create a soft focus effect on the skin. This powder is designed to be used with high-definition camera technology but is also perfect for everyday wear. Includes a sponge and mirror for on-the-go touch-ups!"
Before we address ELF's claims, let's talk about PACKAGING.
ELF Perfect Finish HD Powder Review

The Perfect Finish HD Powder comes in a simple black and white compact container with a mirror and a sponge. I am personally not a fan of the sponge that it comes with and prefer to use this with a powder brush, or if I'm putting this product underneath my eyes, my favorite Real Techniques Setting Brush. 

ELF Perfect Finish HD Powder Review

QUALITY: 

Claim 01: Does it reduce shine and mattify skin? YES, 110% percent! I usually start my day off (I put makeup on around 7am) with my makeup in tact and very matte, but come lunch time (1pm-ish for me)  I am usually an oily mess. I was able to make it all the way home around 5pm-ish without looking like a oil mine! My skin wasn't overly shiny and my makeup, including my under eye concealer was in place and didn't bulge. 

Claim 02: Is it really HD ready? YES! You know that horrible white cast that some powders give off when you take a flash photo... well no flashback here. Not one ounce of flashback. 

Claim 03: Can I really use this for everyday wear? YES! Some powders that I have previously used that have a claim to be HD can be quite heavy and have a cakey feeling. This powder feels super natural and lightweight on the skin.  

RATING:








Overall, the ELF Perfect Finish HD Powder is a great bang for the buck. For $6 you get an amazing translucent powder that reduces oil and lasts all day.  I don't think I could ask for much more. 

Have you tried the Perfect Finish HD Powder by ELF? What did you think?

Does a $6 Finishing Powder Really Work? Does a $6 Finishing Powder Really Work? Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

Sora Templates

.